Qatar Petroleum lands offshore Ivory Coast

Qatar Petroleum (QP), the Qatari state-owned company, will enter the Ivorian offshore, alongside the French company Total, with whom it will operate oil permits CI-705 and CI-706. The two blocks are located between 1,000 and 2,000 meters deep, off Grand Lahou and Fresco, west of Abidjan. The above-mentioned permits were awarded to Total in May 2019, with the French company subsequently committing to invest $90 million in the initial exploration phase. Under the terms of the agreement, which has already been validated by the Ivorian government, Total will sell 45% of its interest, which until then had been 90% on both perimeters. The remaining 10% will continue to be controlled by the Ivorian government.